>larissa’s meme, coupled with susannah‘s creativity in paying it forward (check out her blog – it’s a new favorite read!!), have inspired me . So, for three lucky people I have a little goodie – just comment in the next 36 hours and I will draw three names to send a lil’ something.
Here are the requisite seven random things about me:
- I went to my very first concert when I was in seventh grade: New Kids on the Block. I had a mad crush on Joe McIntyre (and also Doogie Howser, but that’s beside the point). Oh yes, larger-than-life posters of them adorned my walls. But I did not kiss them. I swear.
- From 2nd to 4th grade we lived in Houston, Texas. They fully indoctrinated me – I can still – to this day – sing the entire Texas state song (plus “Deep in the Heart of Texas” and “Yellow Rose of Texas”), tell you all six flags that flew over the state AND name the state bird, flower, and motto. It’s sick, I tell you. Texans are weird folks. I lived in California for 25 years and I can’t tell you any one of those things about the state!
- I think that if love was something you could eat, it would taste and feel in your mouth like chocolate pudding. The good kind, of course – none of that instant stuff. And yes, I have seriously put some thought into this – it’s a theory I’ve had for a good five or six years now. Give me some pudding and I can really wax eloquent about it for you.
- Part of how my friends and I chose colleges was via license plate holders. Seriously, if the vast majority of alumni from a particular college drive jalopies, then just maybe I should look elsewhere because that does not bode well for my future self. So think carefully before you advertise on your automobile – are you helping or hurting?
- I’ve known what I wanted to write my thesis on since I was an undergraduate (never mind that I have no need to ever write a thesis): how people change their outward appearance to mirror inner change. For example, the post-breakup hair chop, the way women’s hairdos change as they get older, how men grow beards/goatees/sideburns when they become dads. I find this phenomenon absolutely fascinating.
- I have been on safari in Zambia.
- I have been in car accidents with both a police car and a semi and lived to tell the tale.
Now that you know all about me, get to commenting, m’lovelies! I’ll draw the winners tomorrow evening at 9:30pm.
***edited to extend the deadline!!!***