>Having survived my first week working with 3-5 year old special ed students (barely, I must own), I lack the ability to post much of anything, but here is a list of some of the week’s highlights:
- “I am a mystery… I steal things.” Said with a baby doll under one arm, a Lego tower and two cars in the other.
- Poking my head into the bathroom to check on one who was taking too long to see her sniffing a wad of poopy toilet paper.
- Morning bus route, a boy keeps taking off his seat belt so I move him to a car seat. He kicks and pinches me and says “I’m going to kick your ass, bitch.”
- A boy who refers to his mother as “dearest” or as his husband.
- Said one of the most outgoing boys in the class: “I’m a little bit shy.”
- After hearing “no,” a boy says “I am going to call my mother right now because you have ruined my day and my whole life.”