- winning the Battle of the Binky
- the beginning of a baby eggplant, peeking out from under dry tendrils of flower
- surviving (so far) the first week of summer school, with more challenging kids than I’ve ever encountered
- a night I don’t have to cook
- my girl fearlessly whipping down slides (that, honestly, she is still too little for) with a squeal of glee and a whoop
- discovering there is a recipe for chocolate tapioca on the side of the box
it’s these simple little things that make life worth living.